Indonesia has diverse natural resources that have been widely used by people for food and traditional medicines. Traditional medicines could be prepared from plants, animals, or mineral materials, galenic preparations, even in mixtures of these materials, which have traditionally been used for treatment based on experience.
Within decades, the use of folk medicines has been increasing continuously, resulting in many types of research for its development. It includes the herbs (jamu), scientific based herbal medicine and phytopharmaca.
In order to facilitate the latest research on the use of natural drugs, Andalas University is going to organize an International Conference on Interdisciplinary of Natural Drugs 2017 (ICIND 2017). The purpose of the conference is to discuss recent progress in the field of drugs discovery, molecular biology and biotechnology, marine natural drugs, pharmacology and clinical applications, ethnobotany and ethnomedicines, drugs design, and medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry. This conference is offered to students, all scientists, researchers, and other practitioners from university, industry, research institutions to present their research findings in the form of keynote talks (20 min), short lectures (15 min) and/or posters.
- Prof. Dr. Amirul Al-Ashraf Abdullah (School of Biological Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Prof. Dr. rer.nat. Dian Handayani, Apt (Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Andalas, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Fumio Hashimoto (Faculty of Agriculture, University of Kagoshima, Japan)
- Dr. rer.nat. Ru Angelie Edrada-Ebel (Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences University of Strathclyde-Glasgow, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr. Taifo Mahmud (Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Wenhan Lin * (The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Peking University, Beijing, P.R. China).
- Early bird payment: August 3, 2017
- Abstracts submission deadline: June 30, 2017
- Abstracts notification: July 27, 2017
- Full papers submission deadline: July 24, 2017
- Notification of papers acceptance: July 31, 2017
- Registration and payment closed: August 21, 2017
Andalas University, Campus Limau Manis, Pauh, Padang-West Sumatra, Indonesia
Registration & Submission
Registration, submission, and payment confirmation are conducted through our automated conference system. After making the payment, author MUST upload the payment proof through their account (NOT Email). Author can upload by logging in to the online system. Payment receipt can be downloaded directly from your account once your payment is confirmed by the committee.
To submit an abstract, authors must create an account first. Then they can submit their abstracts by logging in to their account. The manuscript (full paper) can be submitted only after authors submit their abstract. The whole submission process is done fully online (NOT by email) to guarantee smooth administration. Letter of Acceptance (LoA) and Letter of Invitation (LoI) can be downloaded directly from your account once your abstract is accepted to be presented at the conference.